Newcastle upon Tyne, UK - Offshore Systems Manufacturing
Operational since 1997, Wellstream’s state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in Newcastle provides close proximity to the key offshore markets of West Africa and the NW European Continental shelf and also affords excellent shipping access to markets in Brazil, North America and Asia Pacific.
The adjacent quayside provides:
- Deepwater access of 8.5m to 13.5 meters
- 250Te quayside craneage to lift reeled product directly onto installation vessels or specialist heavy lift cargo vessels
- Direct loadout access from Wellstream’s external carousel to installation vessel carousel
Newcastle manufactures the full range of Wellstream products. Within the facility, work stations are laid out to mirror the sequential manufacturing process creating efficient material and work in progress flows throughout. Currently the facility has an:
- Annual manufacturing capacity - 300km of 8-inch normalized production
- Product range - 2-inch ID to 24-inch OD
Wellstream’s comprehensive test facilities are also housed in Newcastle, where all testing is executed in accordance with API Recommended Practice 17B. These facilities are used for both prototype testing and R&D activities to qualify new flexible pipe materials and structures.
Niteroi, Brazil – Offshore Systems Manufacturing
In May 2007 Wellstream commenced production at its new manufacturing facility in Niteroi, Brazil. This new facility provides an:
- Annual manufacturing capacity 270 normalised km*
- Product range - 2-inch ID to 12-inch ID
In addition the site will also provide:
- Deepwater access of 10.0m
- Docking facilities and 3 loadout stations
- 300Te craneage
* Theoretical production capacity based on a normalized 8-inch ID pipe.